Thursday, September 2, 2010

The unknown lady





















This is a picture of an unknown lady from my mother’s photo collection. Her wonderful smile, innocent beauty and her striking damask outfit and shiny ‘shoe and bag’ collection were what struck me. I am guessing she would have been about 18-21 years of age, and that the picture was most probably taken to celebrate her birthday. People often posed for pictures on their birthdays and distributed copies to their friends as keepsakes. My mum recalls that the picture belonged to her younger brother, my uncle, and that the lady pictured was probably his girlfriend at the time. The original picture is still in very good condition, so I am guessing he didn’t carry it around with him much.

Abby Ogunsanya

No comments:

Post a Comment